Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pictures of Mom's Venice, Florida, neighborhood on Aloha Friday!!


If you click on the pictures I believe they enlarge to original size!
The Venice "canals" are not like the ones in Italy

This is the terminus across the street from Mom and Dave's house

Some pictures of beautiful Venice Gardens waterways around Mom and Dave's house taken yesterday. This is one of the off-shoot canals half a block from the house.

A front coming from the east - taken on the Venice Jette


Sunset Report: Self explanatory.




I'm sitting with Mom at Harbor Chase. She's reading the newspaper, and I'm writing this. When I arrived this morning she was bright-eyed and bushy tailed and said she'd tried to call me, but I didn't answer. I told her I have my phone in my pocket - I took it out, and sure enough. "One missed message." I dunno how that happens. I'm just THAT deaf, I guess. I was rocking out on the way here and pretty deep in thought... It's kinda scary to think I can be that oblivious to the world.

I'm heading north to New England for the Christmas holidays, but I'm fearing the cold weather. It's been in the low eighties and very sunny for most of the past couple of months, and the thought of thirties and twenties is frightening. I have a very specific list of people I want to see and things I want to do so that I make sure I get everything I want to do in during my short visit north. By the way, Duppy thanks everyone for his emails, and asked me to leave today's post off with a picture of one of his favorite bird chasing venues - the beach!!















1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blog posts about Venice to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete