Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's Been Quite a Week!!!



For a Duppy I've sure been getting around this past week that we've been in Virginia Beach. For starters, Uncle Donny, Doug and I reconnected with Uncle Dave's boys and we spent the Columbus Day weekend together doing all kinds of things. I love it best when we all go to the beach and out together to restaurants, and the boyz are the best! I'm so lucky to have such a big family that loves me so much! A funny thing about Pete and Colin is that they look so much alike some people can't tell them apart, but I can easily. Yoda, right? I love being everyone's doggie, and wish Dane could've been here, too!!

We're camping in a high-rise luxury hotel right on Virginia Beach with Uncle Donny, which is not my favorite thing because we're pretty high in the air when I'm on the balcony and there's no place out there to pee or poop. Doug has to take me to the elevator, and then for a walk. My girlfriend, Margo, wouldn't like this at all, but for me it's okay because the room service brings us delicious steaks. Doug and I walk on the beach every day, and I love our walks to the pier where people catch fish; for some reason when they cast it makes me bark, but I don't know why. I'm such a Duppy. I love that the balcony door is always open, but waves crash on the beach 24/7 and that keeps me awake. The housekeeping staff all like me even though this isn't a pet-friendly hotel, and I can tell they have doggies by the smell of their shoes. They always give us extra coffee, but I wish they'd bring me some treats!

Doug's "brother time" is a big bonus for me because there aren't any people I'd rather be with than our family, and as much as I really love Uncle Dave and his boys, Uncle Donny plays "the bisquit game" very well. A couple years ago I messed up, and caught his hand with one of my fangs, but I couldn't help it because they stick out so much. That happened with my Emma, too, and I'm so sorry because I love her so much. I've only bitten one person on purpose, but it wasn't either one of them.

I've been training Doug how to take me to the beach, and he is a good student and quick learner. When we first got here it was really hot, but today it's only around seventy degrees. Auntie Karen and Uncle Mike gave us a great folding camp chair for Doug's birthday, and Doug showed me that if I dig a hole in the sand for myself behind it I can stay pretty cool. Doug always makes sure I have plenty of water because I have to chase the sea gulls and pigeons when they try to intrude on our lunch on the beach. The pelicans are kinda scary because they're so BIG I'm afraid I might just fit in the pouch of their beaks, so I don't mess with them. Everyone brings their doggies to Virginia Beach, but in Connecticut dogs aren't allowed on the beach. Now that I'm a service animal I can go anywhere Doug goes, and have never been denied entrance anywhere. Doug's so good to me!

One day we all went to the beach I thought I was going to have to save Uncle Donny when he dove into a wave but didn't come right up again! I ran down to the water to save him as he surfaced again in just the nick of time. Doug laughed at me, but I was really worried about Uncle Donny! Thank goodness I didn't have to dive in after him! I'm not really big on swimming and have only gone in the water once, and that was when it was so hot at Vicki and Monkey's house in New York. Doug was shocked because I haven't done that before, but I HAD to cool off.

Doug has been thinking about Carol a lot, and I keep telling him to call her. I miss Margo and our walks around the old neighborhood. Carol and Margo always made me dance when I saw them, which was kind of embarrassing but I couldn't help it. They are very special, and I heard Uncle Dave say that he could tell how much Doug cares for Carol by the way Doug touches her. The only one Doug touches these days is me, and I have to say that I KNOW he loves me, but we do miss them!

We've spent a few days driving around this past week looking for a new home for Uncle Donny, and yesterday he decided on his choice! His truck is still a few days from being delivered, but his Harley is here, and I know he's anxious to get it back under him. Doug never took me for a ride on his bike, and it kinda pissed me off because I really wanted to go and feel the wind blow past us as we rumbled down the road. Carol wouldn't get on the bike, but I never understood that because I just wanna go wherever Doug goes. We're just waiting to see if/how we can help move Donny into his new place before we decide what's next for us, so stay posted for the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment