Thursday, October 7, 2010

So Long For Now Auntie Karen!



Once again I see Doug out mucking around in the truck, packing things into a more orderly manner and looking at maps. I know he's been talking to the Uncles and we're going to meet up with them in Virginia Beach for a visit, and YAY! More camping with the Uncles and nephews!! I could easily be Uncle Dave's doggie, but I'm going to really  miss being here with Karen, Mike, Eric, Renee and even Dexter. I think Dex knows we're pulling out, too, because he's been a real pain this morning - this afternoon he's been better, He keeps bringing me his toys and pushing them into my face, and jumping on my butt. He's such a puppy! Sharing Doug with Dexter took some getting used to, and finding him in our bed next to Doug in the morning was quite an adjustment for me.

A couple years ago we came to visit with Karen, but Doug took off to Europe and left me here!! I was a little concerned about that happening again. As much as I love Karen, I didn't appreciate being ditched by Doug. I've been watching him very closely, but ever since I got my service animal vest I don't get left behind anywhere. It seems the whole world loves a Duppy, and I'm really enjoying life!

Since I go everywhere with Doug, I don't get to greet him when he comes home anymore, but I sure do love it when Auntie Karen, Eric and Renee come home! It's just like the old days, and they know just how to fuss on me!  And I get to greet three people a day! I'm a lucky boy to have such a great family. Doug says we may be back this way during the holidays. I know for sure that we're spending Christmas with Emma in Connecticut, but I can't wait until the wind blows us back to Leesburg again!

Today when Karen got home we went for an enjoyable walk with Dex, and sniffed out a part of the neighborhood Dex doesn't usually go to and found all kinds of great things to pee on together!! Lottsa doggies use that trail. When we got home Dexter jumped all over me and made me chase him - I'm too old for him! He's really fast!! He jumps on my face, hops on my butt and runs away before I can get him. Scamp.

Special thanks for being such a great aunt, and special sister to Doug. I know he's really proud of you, and admires you. I think it's great you guys are such terrific friends and have a jolly old time traveling, exploring and just hanging out together. I wish I had brothers and sisters! I'm very envious. Thanks for your gracious hospitality, and all the things you did to make our visit memorable.

Love you,
Duppy

No comments:

Post a Comment