Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stuff Going On

                    Doug and Carol on the Old Block





A special "Hey!" to Rosemary who was my "work wife." I called her yesterday, and we talked about stuff for a while. Her son-in-law, Andrew, was a very nice guy and we hit it off on my way out of Middletown. She fed me at work, and took care of me when I needed taking care of. Thanks, Rosie! Love you! A special "Hey!" to all the people I worked with for so long at WWMS. You're the best!!!

My sister, Cyndi, said that Mom is struggling, and that (quote) "it killed me to leave her" after a nearly two-week "visit" to help care for her. Heartbreaking for me. Cyn has been Mom's guardian angel during her long-term illness, and always found a way to be with her when needed. I just show up during emergencies, and Mom doesn't even remember that I was there because of drug and stupor issues.

Losing Pop a couple years ago was almost too much for me to handle, and still makes me cry easily. Lately death has become a part of my everyday life. I've lost five friends in the past year that have dropped dead. Another one today. Ouch. I almost don't wanna know anymore. My friend, Kathy, hasn't responded to two emails or two phone messages... and I'm afraid for her as it's not like her to drop out of sight. And she just lost her Mom.

Okay, I just talked to Kathy who has her share of stuff going on - deaths, weddings and commuting to Long Island. I didn't know I had her cell phone number until we talked a few minutes ago. Luv ya, Kathy!!

Donny will move into his new place tomorrow, and I'll have to get up and function earlier than I have in a long time so that I can be a "D. Pascoe," only one of only a few, to sign for his household goods to be moved in tomorrow. Jeez. I haven't risen from the rack before 9:00 A.M.ish for a really long time. After we get Donny moved in, I'll be looking at putting us back on the road. His Harley and truck will be back in possession in just hours!! So glad to have you home safely, Donny!!

Our blog has attracted a lot of attention. We've had almost 5,000 page visits since I started it just seven weeks ago from China, South Korea, the Cayman Islands, Brazil, Belgium, Russia, Finland, Spain, Denmark, Germany, Australia, the U.K., Canada, Japan and the U.S. I started the blog on a whim, but never thought it would turn in to what it has become, and Duppy has LOVED writing on our blog!!! Thanks to everyone for reading about us and writing to us. Our email address is Coltshooter2@Hotmail.com so you won't have to use the Blogspot.com to write to us. I love that you write to us!!

Blessings to all.

With love,
Doug and Duppy

No comments:

Post a Comment