Friday, October 22, 2010

Upper 70's and Sunny!! Yay!!!

                        Love Uncle Donny's new house, but the neighbor has issues

Today we took a giant "Mother, may I?" step forward toward getting Uncle Donny settled in. We checked out of the hotel that used to bring us delicious steaks and pizza right to our room, and now we're in Uncle Donny's new house where he's settling in. While the house is really nice, I loved our daily walks on the beach and going out to eat.

Doug says when Uncle Donny's truck is ready to be picked up we'll be headed down the road to his buddy, Fred, in North Carolina. After he looked at Weatherbug today, Doug told Uncle Donny he is looking forward to nearly eighty degree temperatures for the next week. Perfect!! Uncle Donny's racy convertible rental car has to be turned in tomorrow, so we'll all be back in the truck again and that suits me fine. Love our truck!!! Doug and I did the USA Today crossword sitting on the tailgate today, when Uncle Donny brought him a beer and hung out with us. Love my family!

My buddy, Scottie in NY, is sick again. Hope he gets well soon!! I often wonder how Monkey is fairing with his "service dog" lessons, and how enjoys not having to stay home when Vicki ventures out. He was so sweet there's no reason not to take him everywhere like Doug does with me. I really miss Karen, Mike, Eric and Renee, too. Be sure to give Dex a huggy kiss for me, Auntie Karen. He's the best puppy I've EVER met, even though he's a scamp. Tell him the next time we come through town my butt is off limits, and sniffing my lips isn't polite! Doug gets mad when I invade the space of others to sniff people, but I just can't help myself because I'm a Duppy.

Doug's friend, Kathy, is okay, and I know he was really glad to talk with her. He's recently tried calling and writing her four times, but couldn't get through and was worried because another one of his friends passed away this week. He's lost six friends in one year, and I'm sad for him. DeWayne was like a brother and I would have gone to California for his funeral, but I wasn't a service animal in June. Doug stayed with Linda, who I would have liked to, and will meet, but I had to stay with Emma who took great care of me. Doug said he loved celebrating Wayne with his wife Kristine and their kids, and it wasn't as sad as before he went. Before our adventure is over I'm going to get a chance to meet them myself, and can't wait!! See ya soon, guys!

Doug needs to walk me before we go out to watch the ball game tonite and grab a bite to eat, so I'm signing off for now. I still can't figure out what "cable" is, but Uncle Donny doesn't have it either. I've been loving my fan mail, and thank everyone that writes to me!!!

Your buddy,
Duppy

1 comment:

  1. Let this be a lesson to all. Be careful what you put down in writing to Dougly... er... Doug. It may become public. This would not be said in jest as it is though had I not meant every word of what came out in that ramble. Doug is and is still teaching me what friendship is all about. Maybe I'm thinking about Duppy. Hmmmm.... It's one of them in any respect. I miss them both.

    As for Doug's interjections... first, I never thought I was an "ism-er." Perhaps this is something we find out when it's too late to stop. At least I never been President. And yes, I gave away my baby girl to a very fine and deserving young man on 10/16/10. It was extremely humbling for me and an epiphamy of sorts in that for the first time in my life, I realized that I'm not a kid anymore. For anyone interested in sampling the event, turn up your sound and try this...http://vimeo.com/16033259. You may have to cut and paste. I don't know how this blog thing works.

    Finally... "How did Luke turn 40?" (NOT SIC)... Who knows. Smothering him with a pillow didn't work for his mother or siblings. Getting him atached to cheap whiskey at an early age only seems to have improved his immune system. There was one moment... and you had to be there... when we all thought he would be toast due to the "essence of (his) being", but Dan saved saved him. So how'd he turn forty? Sh*t luck, good friends and knowing the words to a million songs.

    It was 75 and sunny in CT today. I came home in the work shorts I left with this morning. I picked a basket full of tomatoes from the garden. Is life not good today?

    Sorry if I robbed your stage here Dougly. I can get carried away. You know that.

    DG

    ReplyDelete