Sunday, September 12, 2010

Duppy's Blog: Part Deux

                                                See ya later, Monkey!

Being a Duppy is kinda like being Yoda, ya know? We just know "stuff." I can look at people and know we're close to where we're going, when Doug  stands up I can tell where he's going and what he's gonna do, I know when to keep my head down in a restaurant, when to be extra-friendly or snarly, but the funny thing, to me, is that Doug knows when I have to pee. And I'm so glad! It rained last night, so I didn't pee on my way to bed and at five o'clock this morning I was *dying!* Thank goodness Doug heard me tossing and turning to help me outside. I really can't jump that far anymore without hurting  myself. On some days I need a boost into the truck, too. Doug says it's because I'm seventy-five and that's the way it goes, but I still feel like I always did. Life's great these days - me and Doug, 24/7, and things have never been better!

We've really had a nice time hanging out with Vicki and Monkey. She has a great big yard and lots of woods with deer in them! I loved to chase the deer and rabbits in the river bottoms off Catherine Street!! The deer here only come when I'm not available to pursue them, and disappear during the daytime. Darn!

When we first got here I was standoffish with Vicki, but I think she has REALLY fallen hard for me. I love the way she talks to me and pets me. She even rubbed my tummy for me, which was kind of embarrassing as I had to roll over on my back into a rather compromising position that I'm not used to. She feeds me soft doggie food that I've only had when my Aunt Karen spoon-fed me. I'm SO spoiled, but that's okay because I spoil my people back by being the very best boy I can!!! Everybody tells Doug how good they think I am, so I have a grip on that! Yoda, remember? Vicki really enjoys that I get to go EVERYWHERE, and I'm teaching Monkey the ropes so he can be a "service dog," too! He's a fast learner, and did very well at Pet Co. last week, and Niagara Falls yesterday. He had a chicken panini, and I had a steak sandwich for lunch! Delicious!!

I don't know exactly when, but I'm sure we're taking off from here soon. Yoda, remember? I went in to a room I don't usually go in and read that Vicki is also a Naturopath in addition to being an Herbologist! No wonder she knows so much!! I don't really like herbs all that much because I'm a dog, er, I mean service animal, but she's got all that stuff down!  We have had a great time here, and Vicki has been great fun to visit. We had lots of terrific outings, rides, went fishing (I love to try to get the fish, but I let Monkey in on the fun today!), touring and sightseeing, and sunsets that Doug loves so much.  We've had a really, really, nice visit here in Wolcott, and I'm grateful for a wonderful stay and such great company, but I still really miss Uncle Dave, Colin and Emma in Middletown. Doug keeps saying Karen's name, "Gettysburg," and "Steve," and I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but I hope I get to see Auntie Karen soon. I really love her, too!!

Thanks for looking out for me, Vicki and Monkey! It was really great to meet you, and thanks for everything!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Monkey is adorable! Glad you guys had a good time there. Safe travels. Karen is really looking forward to seeing you soon. Hope she has that good dog food ready for you and the sugar bowl filled! I can betcha she does! And I will too when you get to Florida! Be seeing you pretty soon, I hope! xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyn, Monkey was SO cute! If you only knew!

    ReplyDelete