Saturday, September 18, 2010

Duppy's Blog - Part Quattro. Shots, Spa Treatment and Doings!

Auntie Karen came and woke us up very early this morning. I didn't really understand what was going on until we got to the veterinarian's office and I got a SHOT! Ouchie! A rabies shot, and the vet updated my bordetella vaccine that they spray in my nose. I hate that!! During my wellness exam the doctor said that I have a "significant" heart murmur and Doug didn't outright cry, but he did need a couple of tissues and I could tell he was very upset by that. I'm not sure what a heart murmur is, but I'm sure glad I have Doug looking out for me!

I heard Doug tell Auntie Karen just last night how he notices all the little noises I make now that I'm older - ya know, grunting and wheezing noises, like that. It was kind of embarrassing. To tell you the truth, I've been around long enough to see that Doug is getting kinda long in the tooth, too. I'm not the only one! He chuckles at me when I first wake up, but frankly, he's pretty funny, too, before he's awake enough to make his coffee. I try not to laugh at him, but it's hard not to until after I get my morning treats and greenies. Then I laugh my doggie ass off while he sucks down a cuppa java and wakes up!

                                                       I'm a woofer!!

After the vet's office Dexter and I went to the groomer's and had the spa treatment, which really made us feel good! Dexter's groomer, Miss Betsy, was very, very, nice to me so she still has all her fingers. I'm SO glad to be freshly bathed again! Doug put two new tags on my collar after our visit to Betsy - an "emergency tag" shaped like a bisquit with Uncle Dave's phone number, and a rabies tag that other people seem to think is necessary. Doug makes sure I don't get silly shots for stuff doctors try to get everyone to take. I've never once known anyone to get parvo virus, heart worms, distemper or anything like that. Doug is a little concerned about me getting Lyme disease from ticks, but he checks me over every day to make sure I don't have any bugs on me. I love that!

Right now I'm going to take a nap because later on Karen, Doug and I are going to go to Manassas where the Battles of Bull Run took place during the Civil War. Doug will probably write about that later.

Peace, out!

The Duppy

4 comments:

  1. I agree with your Dad, some of that vet stuff is a waste of time, expectly when you are older. I had a cat live to be 20 in human yrs. The vet told me in 1995 that he Leo had diabetics, he lived un medicated until 2004. I don't think he was sick, he was too active. But you do look real handsome and I bet you smell real good too. My Polly use oatmeal shampoo and it smells real nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duppy is silky smooth and snarly as ever! I am sooooo enjoying my time with you guys! Dexter is barking because he didn't get to go on the adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Duppy,

    This is your girlfriend, Margo. Bet you thought I forgot about you but you're wrong. I've felt a bit like a prisoner until today, when Carol finally gave me a decent romp in the woods. She says she's been up to her eyeballs in work. I'm not sure what that means but I think it's some kind of a 4-letter word.Can't be good. Anyway, we went exploring at Wadsworth Falls - Carol, Lynn, Shelby, and I. Kids like Shelby are the most fun because they actually run with me.

    So anyway, Duppy, I must tell you that everytime Carol and I walk past your old house, it feels really strange and I get an empty feeling inside. I can almost see you romping down the stairs and us doing our little hello dance that we always did - not too close but close enough to show we care. And then Carol and Doug would give each other a hug and a kiss - not too close - but close enough to show their feelings for each other. You talked about Doug and his java - I hear ya - Carol has to have hers to function. You probably didn't notice because you were inside, but when Carol and I did a morning walk by your house, we often saw Doug's arm hanging from the open window, cigarette dangling. So just to set the record straight, cigarette first, then coffee.

    Let me tell you, Duppy, that you are looking good. May you and Doug have many more happy years together. Stay positive, my friend.

    Love Always,

    Margo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Margo! How nice of you to drop me a line!! Life on the road is great! Doug takes me EVERYWHERE, and I get to eat in restaurants everyday. Doug says I'm allowed anywhere he goes, and if someone says, "No dogs!" Doug sets them straight right away.

    I remember our nice walks at Wadsworth Falls!!
    Yes, it's hard to mutually ignore each other together when we don't reside in Connecticut! I miss your company and our walks around the old neighborhood! You are the only girlfriend I had for all the right reasons - my family loves you, too! Emma said she thought "Carol is as good as it gets" when it comes to Doug's social life, and I think so, too!

    I wish you were still around to eat my food, chase my kitty and poop on my floor. I kinda don't understand why, but I remember all those things fondly. Dolly, probably not so much so.

    All for now. Woof, woof. Bark, bark!

    Love you!
    Duppy

    ReplyDelete