Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Duppy's Blog

                                                             Duppy Doodle
Yesterday we went to the 104 Store, which also turned out to be a restaurant where I had bacon, eggs and ham. There were some people that looked at me funny because they'd never seen a service animal in a restaurant before. Doug really has the bit about, "He's not a dog, he's a service animal" down pat, and sends even the most determined "Dog's aren't allowed people" turning on their heels. After our meal we went for a ride (one of my favorite activities!) and Vicki took us on another Great Lakes adventure tour to Fair Haven where Scott told Doug that Lake Ontario is 135 miles long, 60 miles across to Canada and also that even though it's the smallest Great Lake, it's also the deepest! We stood at the top of a bluff where a whole tree, roots and all, had tumbled below to the beach where I couldn't pee on it. Darn. Doug got really close to the edge and I was nervous that he might fall over the edge after I heard him tell a story about Lady Magee, who DID fall over the side of a cliff! She was Gaza's girlfriend. Fortunately, she wasn't harmed.

After the wonderful ride, Monkey and I hung out with everyone on the porch a while. Really, I was kinda waiting for dinner to happen until Vicki said, "Let's call out for Chinese!" While Chinese isn't my favorite, it's better than vegetable soup. Doug cut some chicken up and mixed it with rice for me, and it was better than I thought it would be. I ate it all!! Scottie shared his dinner with me, too, and fed me by hand. One of my favorite ways to eat!!! He's a really good guy and knows how to treat me!

Vicki doesn't have "cable," whatever that is, but they watched concert video of Damn Yankees and three superstar guitar players all playing together on the biggest TV I've ever seen. Doug said he's never seen so much talent on one stage! There wasn't a single doggie in any of the videos. Strange! Doug takes me EVERYWHERE, even band practice at Don's house where the guys all drink out of little tiny one ounce glasses. I just can't figure that out, but I'm glad I get to go.

Doug has been rooting around in the truck and camper this morning. I had the feeling something was up until I saw him looking at maps again, which means we'll be hitting the road again soon. Lately, when I get in the truck I never know how long a ride we'll be taking, but I do know at the end of the day Doug will set up the camper - our new home. I love the camper, and it suits me just fine. Life on the road has been really fun so far!

6 comments:

  1. Cute! Good job, Duppy! Tell your new friend Vicki that I had a cockatiel named Monkey! What a funny name for an animal! Glad you & Doug are having a good time! See you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Duppy:
    Being single was a LOT more fun with you around. Fishing without a "lure" is rather challenging. My sexy blue Swedish convertible doesn't even come close. So I've decided to search for a little chick-magnet like you but I'm quite sure there is no two or four legged being known to man that can reel 'em in like YOU!!!

    You ROCK!!!

    Love,
    Uncle Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, if you get tired of life on the road just tell Doug that Uncle Dave said he's cover a one-way, first class ticket back to CT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DAVID, SERIOUSLY? YOU GUYS ARE TOUCHED!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cyn, Duppy would be just as happy to be Dave's doggie!

    He REALLY loves Dave. To see them together, you'd think he was Dave's dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha oh boy, Duppy, I never knew you were so articulate! That's seriously impressive! Dolly has a smaller vocabulary, but her grammar is better than yours. haha just kidding. I miss you Dad and I'll never stop laughing at Duppy's service animal costume. He does play the part well. I'm counting the days until you're back in CT... but really its never soon enough! As excited as I am for you to come back, I'm already sad for when you leave after the holidays. Its weird things are never gonna be the way they used to be. I cant believe how much things changed, and I never would have guessed we would be separated by hundreds of miles for longer than a week. Or that I wouldn't be able to take your glasses off when you fell asleep with them on, or greet you to the world each morning. I miss my dad, but you've become one of my best friends as well. Thanks Dad for dropping everything in your life and move 8 states north just to take a chance at being my father. I never forget it for a second of my life. Not just any man would do that, especially when the mother wanted to raise the child independently. You never had to do anything, but you did because you loved me before you knew me or saw my face. That kind of love will fuel me through my entire life. I'm so fortunate to have you as a dad. I love you so much always. <3
    Love, emelie.

    ReplyDelete