Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Editing and Revising, and Musings


                                                                   Sunset report: Wow!

In somewhat the same way my itinerary has been revamped, I have revised and edited some of my stream-of-conscious writing so that it's more what I meant to write in the first place. Nothing really major; just working out the typos and bugs. I've always taught my students that a good piece of writing is the result of evolutionary process - I didn't do any major revising today, only editing, but I expect that I will at some point in time when I'm sitting deep in the woods by myself. Right now I'm loving hanging out with Karen, Eric and Renee - Duppy is even enjoying Dexter and his puppy antics. He even got into Dex's toys and played with something other than a bisquit yesterday!!

Today is Karen and Mike's 25th wedding anniversary, and Duppy and I are taking her out for dinner to celebrate the momentous occasion. I think I can count marriages of people I know that lasted 25 years or longer on the fingers of one hand, and three of them are my band mates. Way to go guys! I tried three times with two different women over a time span of more than thirty years, but to no avail. Anymore, it's looking like it's just me and the Duppy. I've done some writing about that kind of stuff on this blog, but don't want to review here. Just celebrate. My brother-in-law added last weekend that he has been "Happily married" for 25 years; very sweet! Karen is a real catch!!! If ya don't believe me, ask Dexter!!

I'll be bouncing around Virginia for the next chunk of our road time. Hoping to catch up with the Virginia nephews, an old army buddy and, of course, my brother and whoever comes to party as he situates himself. Charlottesville to VA Beach for a week, or so, and then to North Carolina. I haven't been able to use the camper as my sis lives in a neighborhood that frowns on campers who live in front of houses, and take a dim view on campfires in the front yard. I ain't camping without a fire!

I spoke at some length to a friend who had a birthday yesterday. I'm not a big chatter on the phone, but it sure was nice to connect again after missing him throughout most of the summer and on my way out of town. Someone else said while at a party, mistakenly, they had seen Duppy and me in town, which resulted in a phone call from another friend. Thanks for calling, Mikey! Ya gotta know I wouldn't come to Connecticut and not give you, Don and Dave a jingle on the phone. No CT for us until Christmastime. See you then!

As we prepare to shift our traffic pattern from northern VA to the corridor between VA Beach and Charlottesville, I'm realizing how much I've enjoyed, and will miss, hangin' with Karen and family. We've really had a blast. My nephews are no longer kids, and the evolution of our relationships has been really enjoyable. I have seven grown nephews, one who's a youngster, and a niece with four girls of her own and one in the oven. Karen's son, Eric, and I share a love of music and guitars - he now has my prettiest one! It's been too long since I've spent time with Dave's boys - two sets of twins, sixteen months apart - and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys! Donny and I will be in touch ASAP!

The shift south will likely mean less, or little, computer writing time. See you later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment