Monday, September 13, 2010

Wet, Wet, Wet! And the Luckiest Guy in the World! Really!!!



When I woke up to the sound of pouring rain at 3:30 A.M. I knew we wouldn't be able to pull out of Wolcott today. I pulled everything out of the camper to air and dry it out as I spilled my water on the foot of bed last night. Yes, a double-barreled wetting. Fortunately, I was able to move to the other bed so I didn't have to sleep in wet. The camper is remarkably dry in the rain. It's already dry from last night's soaking so I think I'll close it up this afternoon just in case it rains tonite, and Duppy and I will crash on the couch; we can take Vicki to breakfast one more time before we take off tomorrow. Ha! Before I could even finish this blog entry the skies opened up to more thunder, lightening and torrential rain, but I closed the camper and got everything inside beforehand!!

Today after breakfast Vicki grabbed her fishing pole, baited a hook and tossed it in the pond. In a few minutes she had a fish on her line, which answered the question whether, or not, there were fish in her two-year-old man-made (Vicki-made) pond. Awesome! She has her own fish market!! Monkey loved trying to "get" the fish, whose fins managed to make Doug say "Ouch!" a couple times before we got him back in the water. Monkey escaped without being poked by fins!

Note From Em on Duppy's Blog:  "Hahahaha oh boy, Duppy, I never knew you were so articulate! That's seriously impressive! Dolly has a smaller vocabulary, but her grammar is better than yours. haha just kidding. I miss you Dad and I'll never stop laughing at Duppy's service animal costume. He does play the part well. I'm counting the days until you're back in CT... but really its never soon enough! As excited as I am for you to come back, I'm already sad for when you leave after the holidays. Its weird things are never gonna be the way they used to be. I cant believe how much things changed, and I never would have guessed we would be separated by hundreds of miles for longer than a week. Or that I wouldn't be able to take your glasses off when you fell asleep with them on, or greet you to the world each morning. I miss my dad, but you've become one of my best friends as well. Thanks Dad for dropping everything in your life and moving 8 states north just to take a chance at being my father. I'll never forget it for a second of my life. Not just any man would do that, especially when the mother wanted to raise the child independently. You never had to do anything, but you did because you loved me before you knew me or saw my face. That kind of love will fuel me through my entire life. I'm so fortunate to have you as a dad. I love you so much always. <3 Love, emelie."


Your words are so very touching they made me cry. The memories of you greeting me to the world each morning, and taking my glasses off when I'd fallen asleep with them on are wonderful ones. I had many wonderful years as a teacher, but they only served to help me be your dad, and a good provider. My life has always been all about you, and still is. I love you with all my heart, Sweetie!! You realize so much more than I ever knew you did. You are my everything.


Em, I'm never farther than a phone call or an email away. Even though I'm not in Middletown, I'm with you always and ever. If anything happens and you don't know what to do, I've set up Uncle Dave to take care of whatever it is that is plaguing you. If your troubles are more immediate than the few minutes it takes to get a hold of me, or thirty minutes for Dave to get to you, call Michael at 860-301-9721 - that's his cell, and he'll know what to do. Dave and Mike know each others' phone numbers and, in addition to me, are your knights in shining armor. You are not alone.


I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment